Program won't open; error message: "You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device..."

Options
butterda
butterda
Community Member

It appear the latest update might have bricked the main program. I now get the following message pop up and can't access 1Password: "You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help." There appears to be a Feb 2022 solution to a similar Mac issue at that time, but not one for Windows. If a similar Windows fix could be provided, that would be great. Interestingly, despite the pop up, the Firefox browser extension still works.

1Password Version: Latest?
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• daveistrad
    daveistrad
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue.

• chuckivey
    chuckivey
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here

• neihouse
    neihouse
    Community Member
    Options

4th hopefully they fix it soon

• chuckivey
    chuckivey
    Community Member
    Options
  • patrickusaf
    patrickusaf
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem and I followed the @chuckivey solution above and it worked for me as well.

Thanks!

• Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay in response. We experienced some issues with the versioning number of the beta surpassing the nightly. In a small window, those who were using the beta or nightly version may have seen this until the nightly version number was higher than the beta following a new update last week.

@chuckivey - thanks for sharing the thread here for the other users. If you are still having troubles, reinstalling the latest beta or nightly should help. Otherwise, using the guide to reset the 1Password app on a specific device and reinstalling will also work, but will require signing in to the app again.

Please let us know if you are still having any troubles. Thanks!

• ThePandaLady
    ThePandaLady
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem but I cannot open the 1password app at all in order to follow any of the linked steps above...

• @ThePandaLady

I see that you've reached out to the team by email and one of my colleagues responded on Sunday. If you run into any issues with his suggestion then please continue the conversation in the support ticket. If you haven't received our email then let me know and I can have the team reach out again. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JAF-62745-566

• wkahler
    wkahler
    Community Member
    Options

Resetting the 1Password App on my Mac M1 Pro fixed this issue for me. Thank you!!

• Anyone else experiencing this issue, please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• rursache
    rursache
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@ag_tommy
    This just happened for me as well, I've sent an email to support+forum@1password.com with logs, details and a concerning question as requested.

RQS-14768-744

• Thanks @rursache

ref: RQS-14768-744

This discussion has been closed.