Two family accounts, how to share passwords

Options
opuntia2
opuntia2
Community Member

Hi. I have a 1PW Family subscriptions & so does my sibling. We both help our parents with their online accounts, so it’s important that we both know the username/pw of these accounts. Since we both have separate 1PW family subscriptions, what’s the best & hopefully easiest way for us to share a vault that has our parents info. In a perfect world once this is setup it will be seamless within the app & webpage to see the info, meaning not having to signin each time or having to switch accounts or vaults. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @opuntia2,

There are two ways to share items with the desired persons:

• You can invite someone as a Guest onto a family account - Guest accounts are ideal for sharing information with people on a limited basis - they don’t have their own private vaults and only have access to a single vault, which you choose.

• You can securely share copies of passwords and other items you’ve saved in 1Password with anyone, even if they don’t use 1Password - when you share an item, you’ll get a unique link that you can send to others. Choose when the link expires and who it’s available to: anyone with the link or only specific people.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.