Unable to save or update passwords from Brave or Chrome

Options
jvolk
jvolk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I get the following info if I try to save or update an existing password when using chrome or brave...
Additionally, sometimes when I attempt to login to 1password using the icon on the browser bar in chrome I get a blank spinning disc

I'm using OSX Ventura 13.3.1. I'm using brave 112.0.x and same version of Chrome
The chrome and brave versions of the extension are the same: 2.9.0

_1Password Version:8.10.4
_Extension Version: 2.9.0
_OS Version: OSX Ventura 13.3.1
Browser: Chrome and Brave 112.0.x.?

Comments

• Hi @jvolk , thanks for reaching out!

It appears that you may be encountering an issue that our development team is aware of and looking into a fix for. Can you try the following steps and let us know if the behaviour improves?

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the kebab menu ( ⋮ ) to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
    6. Back in the 1Password extension's settings page, under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    • If you don't have the 1Password desktop app installed, you can leave app integration disabled.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• jvolk
    jvolk
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that seems to work a bit better. I'm a web developer and running into issues with items not being suggested when a docker container uses an alternate port... any ideas there? (for instance a local url of: https://somesite.ddev.site:8444/user/login -- nothing is suggested for this---)

• jvolk
    jvolk
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, when doing this on Chrome, I then click the 1password icon and it's stuck "syncing"

• Hi @jvolk,

For the alternate port situation, is the URL you mentioned the only URL added to the item? Additionally, can you confirm which Autofill Behavior setting is selected for the URL? I've included a guide below on adjusting Autofill Behavior if necessary:

For Chrome, can you check and confirm if app integration is fully enabled using the steps in the following guide:

This discussion has been closed.