Change which entry populates first on iphone

Options
owllicks
owllicks
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

Hey I've been trying to figure this out on my own and maybe using the wrong search terms because I've been unable to find it.

Basically, what I need to do is assign a certain entry for an app (that has multiple credentials saved in 1password) to have priority to populate first when using 1password n my iPhone.

The long story is I have abusiness and personal credentials in 1password for a banking app, and I'd like my personal credentials to be the one suggested first by iPhone, so I quit accidentally logging into my business account and triggering an email alert to all the other partners.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• bkrodgers
    bkrodgers
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve noticed this too. I might have thought favoriting one of them might do it, but it doesn’t seem to.

• Hello @owllicks and @bkrodgers! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! Just to confirm, are you both referring to using Password AutoFill to fill logins in apps and browsers? Or is one of you using the 1Password for Safari extension?

Basically, what I need to do is assign a certain entry for an app (that has multiple credentials saved in 1password) to have priority to populate first when using 1password n my iPhone.

Is this when you invoke the limited version of 1Password by tapping on the key icon above your keyboard? Or would you like certain suggestion to always appear in the prompt above the keyboard itself?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• owllicks
    owllicks
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Hey, I'm speaking specifically to the limited version that appears above the keyboard on iPhone

I don't mind the order of the list on the browser extension.

In this case the credential I use least often is the only one that populates above the keyboard for quick access. In this case I have to click the key icon, face ID into 1Password get the other credential I need yada yada yada. It's only a few extra clicks but I'm often accidentally hitting the wrong one since it's the one that is pooping up.

I'd like to simply be able to specify priority to a credential that I use most often and want to pop up above the keyboard for quick usage

• bkrodgers
    bkrodgers
    Community Member
    Options

Ideally both. I’d like a way to specify which entry should be the default that pops up over the keyboard, either through favorites or some other way to rank.

The pop up in safari is a little less important since in most cases it’s a short list that I can pick from without scrolling. But here too, it might be nice if a favorited item was on top just in case I have a bunch of entries for a given site (such as the AWS console, potentially).

• @owllicks and @bkrodgers

Thank you both for the reply. When it comes to the 1Password for Safari extension, you can have an item show up at the top of the list of suggestions by making it a favourite: Organize with favorites and tags

Making an item a favourite will also have it appear at the top of the list inside of the 1Password window when using Password AutoFill by tapping on the key icon above the keyboard.

Regarding the suggestion that appears above the keyboard, I'm not sure how much control we have over that or whether that's decided by iOS but I've filed a feature request so that our product team can look into changing which item is suggested there in the future. For now you can set Password AutoFill to just suggest items from a collection that only contains your personal items:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap on AutoFill.
    4. Change "Show filling suggestions from" to the desired collection.

If you need a login from another collection then you can tap the key icon above the keyboard and then select another collection in the 1Password window that opens. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-32588098
    ref: PB-32588185

This discussion has been closed.