The extension "1Password for Safari" would like access ip_address

Options
wrxcub
wrxcub
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I haven't seen this before. It locked up my entire browser session in the middle of setting up a CI/CD pipeline. I couldn't switch, close, open, or move, tabs. I could open new browser window, but it would just be locked too. Force quitting Safari was the only way to get around it. I checked the extensions and 1Password says it already has permissions. It was visiting an IP Address (not domain name), but I've visited server IP Addresses before with no issues. Every time I clicked deny it instantly popped back up. I'm pretty sure it's legit but I've never seen 1Password behave like that.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @wrxcub

Could you please email us using support+forum@1password.com? Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. Off-hand I would say I have not seen this behavior but I typically only us IP addresses for my internal network. Sounds like this was external. At any rate one of the team would be more than happy to help look into this. We may need logs we we cannot access here in the community.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. wrxcub
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/139632/the-extension-1password-for-safari-would-like-access-ip-address#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

This discussion has been closed.