Error message about updating when I'm already using the latest version

Options
MrFawlty
MrFawlty
Community Member

I cannot open the main 1password windows app at all because of the following error and every time I use the browser extension I get the same error but I can at least use after that. The error message says:

"You've used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help"

I have already updated to the latest version, and I have redownloaded & installed it again a few times but the message keeps appearing again after a while.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with updating

Comments

• Hi there @MrFawlty

We'll need to ask you for some more information to troubleshoot this effectively, so it's best to continue by email. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• MrFawlty
    MrFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

[#XXF-34172-881]

• Thanks for sending along your support ID number, @MrFawlty. I can see a reply was sent out from our team.

We'll continue the conversation there.

• bangroad
    bangroad
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Is there a fix?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @bangroad, I'm sorry to hear that you're running into the same issue. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with some logs from 1Password's installation directory so we can investigate further?

1. Open the Start Menu, paste this code into the search field, and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Once you've navigated to this location, right-click the Logs folder, click Copy, and paste a copy of that folder onto your desktop.
    3. Right-click the folder on your desktop, click Send To, then Zipped folder.
    4. Attach this zip file to your email - don't post your logs in the forums.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• MBmacs
    MBmacs
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am using 1Password for Families on my iMac running MacOS 13.3.1 "Ventura" and just started seeing this error message this evening when I tried to use 1Password in Safari:

I logged into my account on 1Password, downloaded the installer, then re-installed 1Password only to see the same resulting message.

I have send the requested email to support+forum@1password.com with the information requested, except that I was able to find log files in the Username > Library > Application Support > 1Password > Local Storage > leveldb folder, rather than in the windows location listed above in this discussion.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @MBMacs, thanks for reaching out! Could you let me know your Support ID number so we can connect the dots? Thanks!

• MBmacs
    MBmacs
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1P_Gem:

I was assigned this support ID#:
    [#ZVQ-92825-339]

Paul (@MBmacs)

• MBmacs
    MBmacs
    Community Member
    Options

I will note that this was happening on the 1Password for Mac app, not in Safari — oddly enough, 1PW in Safari kept chugging along, but the desktop app keeps yielding that error message

• MBmacs
    MBmacs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Gem -- Grey from 1Password Support for Mac got back to me with the recommended solution, which I am happy to report worked perfectly!

• @MBmacs – Glad we could help! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.