Default Vault

Options
rsx1
rsx1
Community Member

I have private and shared vaults. In 1Password 8 I no longer see the option to use the shared vault as my default when I create a password. How can I make the shared option my default?

Comments

• @rsx1

The default vault feature is within our beta testing branch. Hopefully, this is a feature we can bring to you in a future update. Stay tuned for updates; it should be an interesting 2023.

• rsx1
    rsx1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. While I like 1Password and use it constantly I have to say I’m surprised at the number of features that were part of 1Password 7 that were initially left out of 1Password 8 and had to be added back one by one. It has been a slow and painful process for those of us who have used 1Password for a number of years. It’s almost as if you were in a big hurry to release 1Password 8 before it was complete. As it is, 1Password 8 is a very solid program. I am enjoying it and will continue to use it. I appreciate all your hard work.

• @rsx1

Thank you for the feedback, the team is listening and we're planning to roll out some exciting updates very soon: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

-Dave

• ORanco
    ORanco
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    The default vault choice seems to have been implemented in the Business version of 1P8 since March. What about the timeline to get back this feature in the Family version ?

• @ORanco

The feature was released to all account types at the same time. You can configure the default vault for 1Password on iOS by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap General.
    4. Tap "Save new items in:" under Default Vault and then tap the desired vault.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• ORanco
    ORanco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, It wasn't straightforward, and I was unable to find any directions on the help menu (not updated). Worth to make some publicity of the come back of the function on iOs (I was trying to change it on MacOs)

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

@ORanco

I'm sorry that it was difficult to find the option, I'll pass along your feedback to the team. For 1Password on the Mac you can follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click on General.
    5. Select the desired option next to "Save new items in:" under Default Vault.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.