auto-generated password shows up in bubble but does not fill into field

Options
salem678
salem678
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

when I click on the 1 circle, a generated password shows up in the rectangle bubble but I cannot get it to fill into the field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10 64
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:auto-generated password shows up in bubble but does not fill into field

Comments

• Hi @salem678
    I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password.

Would you mind trying to create a login on our test site with the following steps?

1. Navigate to this site -> https://fill.dev/form/registration-email
    2. Manually type in a test email.
    3. If you can't click the suggested password offered below the password field, manually enter a password.
    4. Save the login with the prompt that appears.
    5. Search for the item in 1Password.

If those steps don't work, can you let me know where you run into any trouble or if you see any error messages when trying to save your item?

Let me know how it goes.

• salem678
    salem678
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it worked. And in Firefox, which I have been using. What I cannot figure out is why this was not working when I was trying to change passwords on other sites, sites that Watchtower had flagged as compromised or pw used elsewhere. I would go to the site and the only way I could get things to work properly was by going to the 1Password toolbar icon and opening that, from which I could autofill the generated password.- and that has worked flawlessly. So I am mystified but am more than able to function. I will keep at this, since my transition from LastPass occurred just 1 day ago!

• Great to hear that worked for you @salem678! If you find that you're only experiencing an issue with clicking the "Use Suggested Password" option on a particular site, let us know the URL, and we can then take a closer look. Additionally, since you've mentioned that you're just in the process of transitioning from LastPass, I've included a resource below on getting started with 1Password in your browser which you may find useful:

I hope this helps in your transition. Let us know if you have any further questions! 🙂

• salem678
    salem678
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps I still do not understand how to use auto-generate and autofill for passwords....but here is a troublesome site that I encountered. I had to generate a new password for facebook.com, a site that I had had previously in LastPass but apparently had not ported over properly. So.....a reset password was needed. I did that through FB. The pop-up screen allowed me to request a reset code and then enter a new password at https://www.facebook.com/login/device-based/regular/login/

But I could not within that box by 1P or from the FF toolbar 1P generate and autofill both password fields (only the second). After messing up and needing to have FB resent another code, I then used the toolbar 1P to generate, I copied the PW to both fields and it was saved in 1P.

Are pop-ups a problem? Am I doing something wrong? is this a limitation within 1P now? Thoughts appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.