RBC Bank Windows Edge Autofill Not Working First Time

Options
ings
ings
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I'm mostly a macOS user, so this isn't a big deal, but I thought you might like to know about it.

RBC Bank login has this unusual login panel that slides in from the right (i.e. an animation). On Windows Edge, the first time it slides in, 1Password autofill does not fill in the fields and looks to be disabled. But if I press the refresh button in Edge, the second time it slides in autofill works fine.

On macOS, this all works fine (in both Safari and Chrome). The first time the login panel slides in autofill works properly.

Like I said, not a big deal, but there appears to be some sort of initialization or timing condition present here. For the record 1Password is the only Edge extension installed, and I'm running this on Windows 11 in a Fusion VM on a MacBook rather than PC hardware.

Hope this is of interest to you.

Dave Ings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ChrisC1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @ings thanks for taking the time to write to us.

I did some testing on my end on a Windows laptop and ran into the same behaviour you described. I've filed an issue with our developers so their aware of it and can hopefully improve 1Password's behaviour on the site. I understand you said you don't use Windows much but I thought you'd be interested to know that when using the "Open and Fill" option from my extension, it was able to fill right away.

Thanks for notifying us of the issue and let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ChrisC1P I appreciate the quick response.

• @ings

On behalf of Chris, you are most welcome.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.