Uncaught Exception: Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/i

Options

Hi 1password team,

On starting 1password 8 today I am getting an exception dialog with the following contents.

I've tried restarting to no avail. I'll try reinstalling 1password next.

The only thing that might be relevant is that my computer warned of low application memory prior to this, so perhaps somehow the app got corrupted?

Uncaught Exception: Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node, 0x0001): Symbol not found: (_$s10Foundation11JSONDecoderC6decode_4fromxxm_AA4DataVtKSeRzlFTj) Referenced from: '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Frameworks/index.node' Expected in: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation' at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1822) at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1326:18) at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2049) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1096:32) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:937:12) at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13330) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18) at 361 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:44043) at n (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:149000)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rodneyt
    rodneyt
    Community Member
    Options

... And a followup message that reinstalling 1password 8 seems to have resolved this.

• Hi there @rodneyt

I'm glad to hear that you're back up and working now. It's hard to say exactly what will have caused this, but the low application memory warning might well have had something to do with it. I'd be surprised if the actual 1Password app's binary was corrupted, but it is quite possible that because of low memory, it ended up in a state that wasn't expected.

Let us know if you need anything, and we'll be here to help.

— Grey

• markopolo
    markopolo
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing this on a mac.

Uncaught Exception: Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node, 0x0001): Symbol not found: (_$s10Foundation11JSONDecoderC6decode_4fromxxm_AA4DataVtKSeRzlFTj) Referenced from: '/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Frameworks/index.node' Expected in: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation' at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1822) at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1326:18) at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2049) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1096:32) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:937:12) at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13330) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18) at 361 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:44043) at n (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:148998)

No memory pressure, plenty of free RAM and no swap in use.
    A reinstall has not helped.

• @markopolo

Thanks for the report. I'll let the team know you encountered this. I'm not aware of any workaround at this time.

ref: dev/core/core#21441

• @markopolo

That said you might want to keep an eye on our beta release notes. 1Password Releases

This discussion has been closed.