Autofill not working correctly, specifically contact information

Options
JasonTh
JasonTh
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have identifications in my 1Password vault for each of my children. Keeping track of birthdates, SS#s, email addresses, online passwords... etc. I keep them in a family vault.

I also have my own identification filled out with work and personal contact information in my own vault.

When I go to fill in a form on a website - their emails appear to autofill the email field - but mine does not. Nor does it try to fill in any of the addresses, phone numbers, etc, from any of our identification entries.

Maybe I'm not using the Identification type correctly or maybe it's related to the autofill issues I've been reading about.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @JasonTh

Thanks for writing to us.

With Identity items, 1Password in your browser won't show inline menu suggestions for name and phone number fields. Instead, we want to offer more precise control over filling. Therefore, 1Password will only show inline menu suggestions for email and address fields. With that being said, you can use the 'Autofill' button in the 1Password browser extension to autofill in name and phone number fields.

I included a short demo of what it should look like:

Let's try using our testing website to determine how 1Password is working there:

1. Navigate to this site -> https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple
    2. Click in the Street address field and choose an Identity from the drop down menu to fill your info.
    3. Refresh the webpage.
    4. Search for the Identity item in the 1Password extension and choose Autofill.

Once we've determined that 1Password is filling correctly on the site, I'll be happy to look into the issue you mentioned where your email address is not filling. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.