Feature suggestion for more safety

Options
rodrigotrovao
rodrigotrovao
Community Member

Change app icon and name. Its critical for safety in some countries.

Remote erase and/or reset local app passwords if there's no connection and 'x' wrong passwords (even with brute force method is applied).

Comments

• Hi @rodrigotrovao thanks for writing in.

Could you tell me a little more about why you would like to see an app icon/name change and a remote erase/reset feature and how that would improve security for you? I can't say if or when something like that might be implemented but I'd be happy to pass it along to the team.

Thanks again!

• rodrigotrovao
    rodrigotrovao
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

app icon/name change:
    If your mobile is stolen! The thief searches for bank, passwords apps. If theres another name and icon, it wont be as easy. Just as Victim would have more time to active a remote erase of data in that mobile).
    Just as Samsungs secret folder has this option (app icon/name change).

If wrong passwords are typed x times and in a short period of time (maybe). After several times (defined by user), it would erase all local data for that mobile and access to future downloads. The user should registrate/authorize that mobile again in order to be able to download data. Its should be an optional feature for many users cases.

There are countries, that people avoid using mobile with those kind of apps (banks, password managers). People would feel more safe.

• Hi @rodrigotrovao, thanks for following up with me and sharing those additional insights.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I've filed a report for both requests with the team on your behalf.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.