Request for Kindle Fire

Options
rlove
rlove
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Android

Our family has multiple kindles, we switch from IPads due to cost, and newer kindles supporting all the applications we use.

Specifically:

• Streaming Services we use
  • Microsoft Office
  • Apps my kids need for school

It would be nice to have additional support for Kindle. Please consider adding this

We just switched from LastPass where we were successful in using the android version of their application. Primary reason for switching is I do a fair amount of open-source work and loved reading about your CLI experience. I am slightly wondering if I made the wrong decision.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: FireOS
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @rlove, welcome to our Community!

At this time, 1Password for Android requires Google Play services and is distributed exclusively through the Play Store. Although we don't currently provide an APK through any other app stores, I will pass your feedback along for Kindle support to our product team.

In the meantime, if you can't download the app but have a 1Password account, you can access your data on your browser in your Kindle device instead.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

• verwirrung
    verwirrung
    Community Member
    Options

Please add the app back for Kindle Fire! This is a major hole in my ecosystem.

• Hi @verwirrung, thanks for writing in.

1Password for Android is designed for Android devices and is only available in the Google Play Store. There has never been a 1Password app designed specifically for FireOS.

As FireOS is based off Android and some FireOS devices have access to the Google Play Store, it may be possible to install 1Password for Android. If 1Password for Android is installed on a FireOS device we cannot guarantee that all features will be available or work as expected due to differences in the operating systems. I will also note that the version of FireOS installed would need to be equivalent to Android 9 or greater to run 1Password for Android.

If 1Password for Android is not available on your device you can access your saved information through the 1Password website, 1Password.com.

I've gone ahead and shared your interest in the availability of 1Password for Android on FireOS devices with the team. If there's anything we can help with, just let me know!

This discussion has been closed.