Logging in to Audirvana

Options
thought_police
thought_police
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello

I actually asked a question rather like this one some months ago, however Audirvana changed the way they do things after this was solved before, so now I am asking again.

Audirvana is an app that plays music files in high quality on the Mac. You can use Audirvana with more than one Mac but when you do you have to re-log in to Audirvana each time you change Mac. Audirvana used to do this with a little login window that popped up within the app itself but they changed to using a Safari window, in fact I think it was to solve the problem I had before which was that people using password managers can more easily deal with a Safari window than they can an app window. However the problem for me is that 1Password does not work with the Safari window which is very odd.

In the login fields "Email" and "Password" the 1Password icon does appear when I put insertion point in the field but when I click on the 1Password icon nothing happens.

This Safari window is a "Private Browsing" window with a little padlock by the URL in the title but I've looked through all discussion here about Private Browsing in Safari and it seems that 1Password should work as normal.

The actual address displayed in the title of the window is:

audirvanausers.b2clogin.com

and I have the URL in the login item in 1Password as:

https://audirvanausers.b2clogin.com/

which should be telling 1Password that these are the login details required.

So, it is a bit confusing.

What I actually have to do each time is simply copy and paste the details from 1Password which is a bit of a hassle.

Thank you for any suggestions. I bet I have missed something really obvious, that is usually what has happened actually :)

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @thought_police,

Thanks for providing these details! I wasn't able to reproduce this when signing in to the website in Safari, but it's possible launching from the app is different. If you invoke Quick Access on the sign in window, do you see your item appear? If it shows to option to Autofill from there, does selecting it fill your data correctly?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there. 🙂

• thought_police
    thought_police
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @andrew.l_1P

1Password works fine for the Audirvana website for me as well, however not for the window the app invokes in Safari.

I have never actually used Quick Access even though I've been using 1Password for many years. It is one of those things I think I checked out but never got into the habit of using and then just forgot about.

Anyway I have discovered that the item does appear in Quick Access on one of my computers (MacBook Air M1, 2020) but not on the other (Mac Mini 2018).

• thought_police
    thought_police
    Community Member
    Options

Well as I said the item does appear in Quick Access on my MacBook Air M1, 2020 but not on my Mac Mini 2018.

Any idea of a fix for this? I can't fathom why it doesn't work properly. I am a bit fed up copying and pasting username and password on the Mac Mini for this.

• Hi @thought_police,

Apologies for missing your last post, I'd like to take a closer look at how 1Password is behaving on your Mac Mini with a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Ideally this is generated immediately after trying to autofill the Audirvana app. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138675/logging-in-to-audirvana
    • Your forum username: thought_police

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can link the two conversations. Looking forward to hearing from you. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.