1Pasword for Safari: Can the window resize like in version7?

Options
lysander
lysander
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

In version 7, I could resize the Safari 1PW Extention window. The Version 8 app cannot resize.
Can this be changed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• kevin.li
    Options

Hi @lysander,

You're correct. The current 1Password in the browser cannot resize the extension window. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

We have an existing feature request, and I have added your voice to the list. Our development team will prioritize it accordingly.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback on helping us improve 1Password.

ref: IDEA-I-595

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Add my voice.

I have multiple logins to some sites and the names become indistinguishable from each other. Also, the font size and spacing force me to scroll when I don't have to in the old extension. This new extension is unusable. I'm forced to stay on 1Password 7 until this is fixed. This is not a minor problem. It's not a request for a new feature or improvement. It's a bug report that should get top priority.

I complained about this in October of 2021. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/614272#Comment_614272. I'd hoped that by the time 1Password 8 for Mac was actually released, you would have addressed the extension's shortcomings.

I've been a customer since 2007 and all this time you've done great work. The current browser extension feels like a slap in the face. I can't figure out if you just don't care or the browser extension design team is incompetent.

Did the designers check the usability with long names? If no, then they are incompetent. If yes, then they just didn't care. Is this a symptom of using the same design on a tablet and desktop? If so, then don't do that; that's just lazy.

It's agony. I'm such a fan. You're literally pushing me away.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

In addition, the space between logins on the left and the data should be resizeable.

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

Me too!!!

This is a very big deal as I have over 3,000 entries from a couple dozen accounts! (These are accounts our clients share with us.) I need lots of room as expressed by @burnwa. This is a big deal right away!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฏ

• gary
    gary
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Same. Font size makes it very hard to distinguish logins with similar such as for same domain.

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to see this issue fixed ASAP please - I'm going to downgrade to v7 until it's fixed

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks folks.

• GSnyder
    GSnyder
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Add my squeaky little voice too...

The current design seems rather optimistically laid out for the simple case of a solo user arriving at a page with a unique entry in 1Password. In the real-world cases, everything is jammed in, cut off, and partly offscreen. I don't think I'd mind the layout, but it needs to be about 2X as large in every dimension by default.

• JohnAU
    JohnAU
    Community Member
    Options

Me too please :)

Also if it was possible to adjust the font/text size in the browser extensions that would also be amazing. It's way too big at the moment and cuts off critical content in the list.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts @GSnyder & @JohnAU - I'll be sure to add your voices to this request.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

**ANY Clue ** as to when we can expect this basic Mac functionality?

We are now on 1PW for Safari 2.3.8 which means many updates have been released since I wrote the opening comment on May 4.

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

Agree - can we please get this feature ASAP

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently, the developers have no interest in implementing this fix.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe one day we will get a response...

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

1Password folk,

Why no further response on what seems like an easy, but very important (to us, anyway) feature?
    Is our request too trivial for a response, much less action?

Please advise!

Thanks.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li Can you provide any information about the status of this request?

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

@kevin.li or @ag_chantelle can you please confirm this fix is still in the dev backlog?

• Hey @NickElsey, @lysander, @TonyDennis,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I understand how important this feature is to your workflow. Whilst I don't have an update at this time I have passed all of your comments on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

Thank you for your feedback.

ref: PB-31180109

• NickElsey
    NickElsey
    Community Member
    Options

That didnโ€™t really answer my question.

• @NickElsey

The request to change the sizing remains open. I'm sorry nothing has bubbled up just yet. Steph let the team know that this continues to be something that you would like to see addressed.

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

1Password folks,

I'm really concerned about the focus and direction of what seems to be the "new" 1Password. If we were to compare 1Password to the iPhone and Android phones, 1Password used to be the iPhone. Like the iPhone, there were a ton of small details and functions that made 1Password both powerful and an absolute pleasure to work with. If you ask iPhone users what is special about the iPhone vs. Android phones, they'd be hard pressed to tell you why the iPhone was so much better than Android much beyond "it just works!", "it's so easy to use!", and that you're likely to have more luck getting them to donate an appendage than to give up their iPhone! And 1Password used to be the same way! There were no major, big deal advantages that 1Password had over LastPass, Dashlane, etc., it was the same as the iPhone: it's just so easy to use due to lots and lots of little things that made 1Password so darned easy to use! I can especially testify to that having trained and supported 1Password for hundreds of users at dozens of our clients! They were always thrilled when I'd show them all the ways 1Password made it easy and intuitive to work with it, e.g., that you didn't have to type in an exact, contiguous string of characters to find an entry - if you were looking for "Office 365 for Wile E. Coyote at Acme Explosives", one could just type "365 acme wile" (it didn't even have to be in order!) and the entry would show right up! No getting complaints about how something now can't be found due to a user not typing the search in with the exact character string in the entry! Sadly, that's no longer the case and entries are now much harder to find if one doesn't remember exactly how they put them in in the first place.๐Ÿ™

This is but one of dozens of helpful things that used to make 1Password so powerful while being a joy to work with, but are sadly not in 1Password 8. Worse yet, things that most of us assume have got to be easy for the 1Password developers to restore/implement, like being able to resize the 1Password plugin window in a browser, have still not been addressed, in almost a YEAR of your most dedicated supporters telling you (repeatedly!) how important this is to our and our clients' use of 1Password! Reading the development notes for each product update, I've been constantly disappointed to see virtually none of the small but important features/functions users (mostly your most loyal, long-term users!) have been asking for being addressed. It seems that only things that are seen as "broken" are being addressed, not the things that simply made the product "better" like it once was.๐Ÿ˜’

It seems that 1Password has now gone the way of Windows and Android in that these dozens (or hundreds) of little features that used to make 1Password so special (just like a Mac or an iPhone) are no longer a priority for 1Password. If a function or feature can't be listed in a new version announcement as a selling point, then it's of low importance... it's to the back of the development line for ya!๐Ÿคจ It seems that 1Password development has now adopted the "industry standard" feature priority of: "We'll make it a priority when more people have asked for it!" Aaagh!!!๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿคฏ

Is it now 1Password's goal to follow the 'industry standard" and do what everyone else is doing??? Or like Apple and the 1Password of old, blast past through the "standard" way of doing things and build the most exceptional and exciting product possible?!? One that users will get into a knife fight to keep, even if they can't tell you why, other than it's powerful, easy to use, and just freaking works!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽ‰

Most of the small features that made 1Password so special were things most users never even thought of, much less requested (just like the iPhone and Mac)! Someone up at AgileBits either thought it up, or someone in the user base requested it, and the product managers gave it due thought and said: "That's a good idea! I bet our users will like that when they see it! Make it happen!" It wasn't about how many people asked for something, it was whether it was a good idea and made the product easier or more powerful to work with, even if only one person thought of it!

Or is the path for 1Password now going to be like Android, following the "standard" way of doing things, with priority going to the things that makes someone in marketing happy, and features get development priority only when enough people scream about them, never mind if they "only" make the product better in some small way.๐Ÿ˜ข

AgileBits used to be a family of people who's first love was the product! You built a fantastic product that the users loved, and they came and bought it in droves! If you become just another corporation instead of the family you used to be, and chase profits and let the bean counters and marketing folks drive the agenda instead of the AgileBits family's simple and powerful love of the product, I fear that the "new" 1Password organization has lost their way.๐Ÿ˜”

Tell us it ain't so!!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Thanks for listening.๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Tony
  • jeffhall24
    jeffhall24
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Can we please fix this ASAP,?!?!?! I finally switched to 1Password 8 and the first thing I did was try and re-size the browser extension and it doesn't re-size. It's so tiny and unusable. I need to re-size my window. So frustrating.

I've been reluctant to upgrade for so long, but after the email came out that the classic browser extension will stop functioning, I've been forced to upgrade. This tiny unusable browser extension window really needs to get fixed so I can resize it like 1Password7.

This discussion has been closed.