1Password App unlock doesn't unlock the Browser as configured

Options

I have to unlock manually, so I have to type the password twice for 1password and that's 100% more than expected

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: 81005021
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:App login doesn't unlock the Browser as configured

Comments

• @ThomasKHannover

Try this and see if it provides relief. It sounds like something is disrupting the communication between Edge and 1Password.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. Look for our helper in the menu bar and then right-click and select quit.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • ThomasKHannover
    ThomasKHannover
    Community Member
    Options

That hasn't changed the behavior.

• Hey @ThomasKHannover,

I'm sorry for the trouble, it sounds like 1Password in your browser is having a hard time connecting with the 1Password desktop app.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.