2FA Not Working Even Though "Require 2FA on Next Sign-in" and I'm signed out

Options
shawnster
shawnster
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to get some clarification on this

I attached my Google Authenticator app to 1Password and it was working fine. Now even though I go to my profile- settings and click on "Require 2FA on Next Sign-in", it doesn't ask me for my 2FA code.

Is this because it's stored in my browser cache? (Sorry not an expert with this stuff).

Even though I do these steps and also go to settings and sign out of my profile, it doesn't prompt for me to enter any codes when I go back to sign in.

I'm just trying to determine whether this is a system issue, or the way it's designed

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this

Cheers

1Password Version: 2.9.0
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @shawnster,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Are you referring to signing in to 1Password.com in your browser or when you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

• shawnster
    shawnster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, thank you for the reply.

I was referring to 1Password.com in my browser toolbar

But it's confusing because when I click to sign in, it opens a browser window. So I'm not sure if this is what you mean by 'browser'

Just to clarify, every time I try to sign in I click on the browser icon on the toolbar

Thank you

• Hey @shawnster,

Thank you for clarifying.

If you choose 'Require 2FA on next sign in' on a browser listed in your devices when you try to unlock 1Password by clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar it will redirect you to 1Password.com to sign in and enter your details + 2FA code.

Then going forward the next time you sign in to 1Password in your browser it will only require you to enter your password when clicking on the icon in your browser toolbar unless you sign back in to your account on 1Password.com and select 'Require 2FA on next sign in' again.

The idea is for you to add a layer of protection when signing into 1Password on a new device. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.