Error message: "This app can't run on your PC."

Options
jschaaf
jschaaf
Community Member

1Password works using the Chrome extension but attempts to open using the app's shortcut or directly clicking the app result in this "can't run on your PC" error. The shortcut icon changed to a generic gray rectangle containing a blue box. (PC Window 10, 1Password 8.10.5 4/20/2023)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Error message: "This app can't run on your PC."

Comments

• Hi there @jschaaf

Sorry to hear about this problem starting 1Password on your computer. I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on your computer:

ℹ️ Make sure that you can sign in to https://start.1password.com/signin/ and find all the items you would expect before proceeding. If not, stop here and let me know.

1. How to uninstall 1Password

⚠️ Don't also remove your 1Password data – follow only the steps to remove the 1Password app!

1. 1Password – Downloads – Windows

Then, try opening 1Password again and let me know how things go. :)

— Grey

• jschaaf
    jschaaf
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalling using the Apps and Features page doesn't work. I get the same "This app can't run on your PC" error message. Fortunately the Chrome extension still functions.

John

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jschaaf! I'm sorry to hear that this error is also preventing you from uninstalling the app as well. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a screenshot of the error you're seeing, and the logs from 1Password's installation directory? Make sure to conceal any private information such as passwords or your Secret Key in the screenshot, and do not post your logs or screenshot on the forums.

1. Open the Start Menu, paste this code into the search field, and press Enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    2. Once you've navigated to this location, right-click the Logs folder, click Copy, and paste a copy of that folder onto your desktop.
    3. Right-click the folder on your desktop, click Send To, then Zipped folder.
    4. Attach this zip file to your email.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• jschaaf
    jschaaf
    Community Member
    Options

jschaaf support ID: [#NMI-68286-969]

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jschaaf, thanks for letting me know! I can see that we've received your email, and a member of the team has reached out to you there 😄

ref: NMI-68286-969

This discussion has been closed.