Multiple 1Password Startup apps entries in Task Manager

Options
nostink
nostink
Community Member

I just found multiple 1Password Startup Apps entries in Task Manager:

Is this normal? If not, please help me with how do I correct?

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi there @nostink

I wouldn't normally expect to see multiple entries for 1Password in the Startup tab of Task Manager. If you haven't already, try completely quitting 1Password by right-clicking it in the system tray next to the clock and choosing Quit. Then open it again and see how things go.

If you still see multiple entries, restart your computer.

And, if restarting doesn't help, open the Settings app (note: Windows Settings, not 1Password's Settings), then choose Apps in the sidebar, and Startup at the bottom of the list that appears. If there is more than one entry for 1Password, remove any extras.

Let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need any more help. :)

— Grey

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Grey,

Thank you for your response.

I went ahead and followed all of your suggestions and then restarted my computer. ( restarted my computer twice) When I check how many 1Password entries are in System/Apps/Startup there is only one entry; however there still remain multiple entries in the Startup tab of Task Manager, not as many as before but still more than one. See below

One thing I wanted to mention is that I also have the Edge browser extension installed however it is not turned on because I have been having problems with Edge and am trying to determine which extension is causing havoc.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @nostink, thanks for getting back to us! Could you email a screenshot of the command line column in the Startup tab of task manager to support+forum@1password.com so we can look into this further? Take care to redact any personal or private information, and don't post this in the forums.

This column isn't enabled by default, but can be accessed by right clicking the columns at the top of the Startup tab of task manager, and enabling the Command line option.

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response! I have just emailed the information you requested and here is the Support ID assigned to this issue:
    [#UKG-45829-499]

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @nostink, thanks for letting me know! I can see that we've received your email, and a member of the team has been in touch. We'll continue the conversation over there 😄

ref: UKG-45829-499

This discussion has been closed.