Numerical usernames are converted to exponential format

Options
Molesbain
Molesbain
Community Member

Several logins with username e.g. 584758789457 ie numerical, they are being converted to exponential format eg 4.63E+11 so they do not work any more. Is this a bug?

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: 81005021
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ FireFox
Referrer: forum-search:login ids

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Molesbain! I understand that some of your logins have numerical usernames, and these have been converted to exponential format. This definitely isn't the intended behaviour, and it sounds as if something may be going wrong somewhere.

Could you tell me a little more about how these particular logins were originally created? For example, were they imported from a CSV file, and if so, had you edited this CSV file in something like Excel first?

• Molesbain
    Molesbain
    Community Member
    Options

They may have been imported from my previous password manager (Passwords Plus) but not from Excel. I have checked the old password manager and the user names are correct there. It may well have been that import process.

• Molesbain
    Molesbain
    Community Member
    Options

I have checked and I used one of the logins recently, within the last 2 weeks, so it must have been correct then. It is now in the incorrect Exponential format. I'm not aware of having done anything to cause the change.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Molesbain, thanks for getting back to me with this information!

I have checked and I used one of the logins recently, within the last 2 weeks, so it must have been correct then. It is now in the incorrect Exponential format.

Does this username display in the same way in the desktop app, browser extension, and on 1Password.com?

If you view the item history for this item using the steps below, does it show a previous version with the original username?

1. Click the following link, and sign in to your account: 1Password.com
    2. Locate the relevant item in your vault.
    3. Click View Item History at the bottom of the item's details.
    4. Look through any previous versions.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Molesbain
    Molesbain
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I corrected the entries yesterday, so this is perhaps no longer relevant. The history of each item shows only the value before my correction yesterday, nothing earlier than that.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Molesbain, thanks for letting me know! Hopefully all is well from here, however if you do notice this issue occurring again, don't hesitate to reach back out and we can investigate things further 😄

This discussion has been closed.