[Crash Bug] Tapping the "Search" button in bottom nav bar causes the app to crash.

Options
1Passworder1
1Passworder1
Community Member

1Password Android app crashing.

Steps to reproduce -

1. Launch 1Password app and unlock it using fingerprint or password.
  2. Once unlocked, tap the "Search" button in the bottom navbar.
  3. 1Password fully crashes.
  4. After doing step 1-3 a couple of times, 1Password starts crashing immediately after unlock.

At that point, my only option is to clear 1P app data and set it up again from scratch.

1Password Version: 8.10.0-9.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14 DP1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @1Passworder1, thanks for reporting this crash.

I have not been able to reproduce a crash with the steps you shared. If possible, I'd like to ask you to trigger the crash again, (without ending up at step 4) then send a diagnostics report with the workaround I shared in your other post: "Send Diagnostics" throws error saying "Set up an email app". With the report email, please include a link to this post or a description of the issue.

Thanks again!

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy . Thanks for the tips.
    I've now emailed the diagnostic report and including this post's link in the email body.

Btw, did you try to reproduce it on a device running Android 14 DP1? (That's what I have.)

• Thanks for sending that in @1Passworder1. I've followed up with you via email, let's continue the conversation there.

• tonkku107
    tonkku107
    Community Member
    Options

I've also had this issue since updating to Android 14 Beta 1. You can escape the crashing immediately after unlock by long pressing on the app icon and choosing anything other than open search.

• Hi @tonkku107, thanks for following up with us.

From our investigation we anticipate this will be addressed on Android's end but the development team here is working on a fix to help ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

The crash occurs when opening the Search tab (when focusing the search field in fact). For a workaround you can, as you mentioned, long press the 1Password app icon then select "Open Watchtower" or another non-Search option.

Thanks again!

• sn00ze77
    sn00ze77
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same issue with my Google Pixel 6 under "UpsideDownCake". What I've tried so far: remove cache and then data from the device, uninstall/reinstall the app, turn off the device, restart the device. The issue occurs again. Please let me know if you need me to provide more information and do some tests. Thank you.

• Hi @sn00ze77 thanks for writing in!

The team here just put out an update to address this regression in our latest beta, version 8.10.6-10. If the update is not currently available for you, it should be soon as updates can roll out over a few days in the Play Store.

If you're not currently part of the beta you can find steps to update in our guide: Use 1Password beta releases

If you're not interested in joining the beta you can, as a workaround, long press the 1Password app icon then tap "Open Watchtower" and avoid selecting the Search tab until the update is available in production.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.