Still the same situation for disabling payment methods in Chrome?

Options

Just curious if there's a better answer to "don't take over my payment methods in Chrome" than reading through a bunch of instructions that involve multiple steps in chrome settings, etc. It's an odd product design choice. I didn't really feel like reading through it as I have other things to do, so I've just disabled 1Password for now.

If there's a feature update vote somewhere, OMG. It's a major product turnoff to have to go research how to "fix" something that used to work fine on my other laptop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hey @kpgalligan by default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. This is done because it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location.

Additionally, 1Password does a great job filling addresses and credit cards. You can find out more about how 1Password fills identities and credit cards here.

That said, if you want to use your browser to fill your credit cards, you can change the following settings with the steps below:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Payment methods and turn on "Save and fill payment methods".

There are essentially two parts to those steps -- telling 1Password that you do not want it to control all your autofill settings and telling Chrome that you want it to fill your payment methods. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to simplify the two parts of these steps, as Chrome's settings have to be customized in order to allow both 1Password and Chrome to work alongside each other, I can share your feedback about it with our developers.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: PB: 32068179

This discussion has been closed.