How to unlock 1password browser extension with fingerprint on Mac OS Ventura 13?

Options
jmohacsi
jmohacsi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

How to unlock 1password browser extension with fingerprint on Mac OS Ventura 13?

1Password Version: 7.9.10 (Appstore)
Extension Version: 2.9.10
OS Version: Mac OS 13.3..1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 13.3.1 and I have no problems using my fingerprint to unlock 1Password. I'm using Chrome though. I know that there was an upgrade of 1P a while back that broke the fingerprint unlocking, but a new version became available that same day and got things working again. Also, if your browser needs an update, it will require that you use enter your password until you upgrade the browser. This has happened to me a few times with Chrome when there is no indication that there is an upgrade. When I am asked to enter my password to unlock it over and over, I will kill Chrome and relaunch it. That fixes it. Hope this helps

• Hi @jmohacsi, thanks for reaching out!

In order to unlock 1Password in your browser using Touch ID, you'll be required to have app integration enabled. Before doing so, can you first ensure that the 1Password app and 1Password extension are fully up to date on your desktop:

Once up to date, can you also let us know if you've enabled Touch ID using the steps in the following guide:

I look forward to hearing from you.

• jmohacsi
    jmohacsi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your recommended solution. It has some problem. Earlier touchID authentication was working properly with 1Password7 with and browser extensions which required desktop application. Usually, whenever 1password stops working in firefox I reinstall the browser extension, but currently I don't see firefox browser extension which is properly working with 1Password7. Moreover I don't see 1Password8 in the Apple appstore.

• Hey @jmohacsi,

You can install 1Password 8 for Mac directly from here: Best Password Manager for macOS.

Can you also confirm if you paste about:addons into your Firefox address bar followed by the enter key that you have the '1Password - Password Manager' extension enabled? If you see '1Password (desktop app required)' you can disable and remove this as it is the older classic version of our browser extension.

Once you have completed the above let us know if you are still having difficulty unlocking with TouchID and we can continue to troubleshoot.

• jmohacsi
    jmohacsi
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Steph,
    Currently it can be an issue for me. Can I transfer my subscription which is done via Appstore to direct subscription?

• Thanks for getting back to me @jmohacsi.

I think at this point it would be useful do discuss your account over email so we can understand your set up and best advise on moving forward.

Could you drop an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jmohacsi
    jmohacsi
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks for the support. Support id is: [#SCV-24347-359]

• Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.