1P8 iOS Search Single Vault

Options
eFlat7
eFlat7
Community Member

Longtime 1P user who finally upgraded to an annual membership and, therefore, 1P8 (begrudgingly). Already, I'm seeing the UI is a downgrade from 1P7, but it's usable, so ... ok. However, my primary issue, at this moment, is the fact that you can't natively limit search to a specific vault. Searching this forum, I see the team's official solution is to tell us to add "=vault:[VaultName]" to our search. That's NONSENSE! I mean, c'mon! If I'm searching for, say "Facebook," I'd need to type "=vault:[VaultName] Facebook" instead of just selecting the vault I want to search and typing "Facebook"? Tooooooo many extra steps/typing and a huge step backwards in UI and usability over previous versions.

I love that the devs frequently respond directly here. So, what I want to know is WHY. Why did the developers decide that this was the way they would handle searching? If a limiter can be typed into the query to search specific vaults, it would not be difficult at all for the UI to include a small drop-down to select the vault to be searched. Devs are clearly aware of the issue because I can find several reports on this forum with users complaining about this going back 8+ months, and yet, nothing has been done about it when it should be a pretty simple and painless fix as the ability to limit search already exists with the appropriately typed operators. What I want to hear is the reason the devs are ignoring those complaints and why they chose to downgrade the user experience by not allowing vault searching natively in the UI.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @eFlat7

If you're in one of your vaults, you can pull the list down slightly to reveal the Find box, which will search only in that vault. That way, you won't need to use a search filter like =vault:. Give that a try and let me know what you think. :)

— Grey

• eFlat7
    eFlat7
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant! Thanks!! Did I miss a tutorial somewhere (or a reply in another post?) because I never would have thought to try that when there’s a big “Search” button on the bottom. Haha. That made a big difference in my iOS usability. Thx for the help.

• On behalf of Grey, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.