1P v 8 for Android on Samsung S20 upwards problems ??????

Options
michaelwayne
michaelwayne
Community Member

End last year I decided to update to v8 of 1P from 7 and it was an utter disaster on my S20FE. Total mess so I reverted to 1P v7.
Have all the bugs been fixed as I would like to keep up to date and install the new version.
So...
Q1. Is there a location at present where 1P v7 (last latest version) is available for download if it still doesn't work as of today?
Q2. Have the bugs been fixed that caused the abysmal issues with running on Android latest OS for Samsung?

Thanks

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Win11 Pro
Browser:_ Vivaldi

Comments

• Hi @michaelwayne, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry your experience with 1Password 8 was less than ideal.

We have continued to optimize 1Password 8 for Android since launch and address bugs as they emerge. Were there any issues in particular that you encountered?

We recommend upgrading to 1Password 8 for Android on devices running Android 9 or newer as 1Password 7 for Android is discontinued and no longer receiving updates. If you have previously installed 1Password 7 for Android it should still be available in your app history if you have access to the Play Store account that was used to download the app.

One way to check if 1Password 7 is in your app history is to sign into Google Play in a browser and view your library:
    1. Sign in on the Google Play website with the Play Store account used to install 1Password: Google Play
    2. Click the account icon (often your initial) near the top right corner.
    3. Select "Library & devices".
    4. Select "Apps"

If you see 1Password 7 in the Apps section it should be available to install or reinstall from that Play Store account.

This discussion has been closed.