Unable to use Windows Hello for biometric log in

Options
kaliedra
kaliedra
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Windows

I'm unable to enable the windows hello sign in so i can use the biometrics options on my PC. I've looked in the settings menu to enable it and I don't even have the option to do so. This is a new install on a new computer and I've checked everything is updated. Can someone point me to where i might find how to resolve? thankyou

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN11
Browser:_ chrome and edge
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to use Windows Hello for biometric log in

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @kaliedra! Is there any chance you're looking for the Unlock using Windows Hello option in the 1Password browser extension's settings menu? If so, this could explain why you're having trouble locating it, as the option is instead located within the 1Password 8 for Windows desktop app. I'll include some steps below that should help here:

1. Make sure Windows Hello is set up in your Windows settings: Learn about Windows Hello and set it up - Microsoft Support
    2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and click 1Password near the top.
      • If you don't see 1Password listed here, you don't have the desktop app installed. Download and install it from the following link, then try again: Download 1Password 8 for Windows
    3. Sign in with your usual credentials if prompted.
    4. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.
    5. Check the option to Unlock using Windows Hello.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions let me know!

This discussion has been closed.