How do I make 1password recognize and remember login credentials for the alexa android app?

Options
Segullah
Segullah
Community Member

After I login to the Alexa android app, I don't get any prompt from 1Password app to create a new entry and save the credentials. And, when I try to create a new login in the 1Password app, I don't know what to put down for the URL to make the entry. What should I do? Same is true for the windows app, but I mostly go into the Alexa app on my phone.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I make 1password recognize and remember login credentials for the alexa android app?

Comments

• Hi @Segullah, thanks for writing in.

Linking items to Android apps works a little differently than linking to a website. You can add an app link to a new or existing item through the Autofill menu. As it sounds like you have an Alexa item, you can follow the steps below. Having Autofill on in 1Password for Android is required.
    1. Open the Alexa app.
    2. Tap the username field.
    3. Tap the "Open 1Password" prompt and unlock 1Password if required.
    4. Search for your Alexa item by title.
    5. Select the appropriate item then tap "Fill & Update Login".

Windows devices do not have an Autofill service to leverage for filling in apps as you may see on a mobile device. Instead you can copy and paste or drag and drop directly from 1Password for Windows or use 1Password's Quick Access feature.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.