Using fingerprint on Windows 10 running on Parallels virtual machine?

Options
Jim_Kel
Jim_Kel
Community Member

Every time that I return to Windows environment from Mac, I need to enter my full password. While I am on the Mac, I only need to enter it every two weeks or so. Is there any way of having 1P use the Mac's fingerprint reader to verify my identity??

While I have used Windows on a virtual machine for a long time, I do not remember the need to enter the password so often.

Do I need to use any new services (Windows Hello????) and or set up TPM?

Jim

The full OS details
Windows10 21H2
on Parallels 18.2.0
on macOS 13.3.1
MacBook Pro 16" (2019)

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows10 21H2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:windows hello fingerprint on Parallels virtual machine?

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Jim_Kel! I understand that 1Password 8 in your Windows virtual machine is requiring your account password more often than it used to.

While I'm not sure whether you'll be able to get your Mac's fingerprint reader working in this way, you should be able to use a Windows Hello PIN to speed up the unlock process. In addition, I would recommend double checking your auto-lock settings to make sure that they meet your needs:

1. Enable Windows Hello in your Windows settings: Learn about Windows Hello and set it up
    2. Open the start menu, click 1Password near the top, and unlock if prompted.
    3. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.
    4. Enable the option to Unlock using Windows Hello.
      • If you'd like Hello unlock to persist through restarts, enable Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello as well - this option requires TPM 2.0.
    5. Adjust the options under the Auto-lock heading:
      • Lock 1Password when computer locks - here you can choose whether 1Password will lock when you lock Windows.
      • Lock after the system is idle for - here you can specify the number of minutes of inactivity before 1Password will lock, from 1 minute - never.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or concerns, let me know! 😄

This discussion has been closed.