The 1Password Extension and Vipersoftx Malware

Options
TOWS
TOWS
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have just viewed a video on YouTube with some very worrying information. Can someone at 1Password please tell me if this is a genuine concern and if so should I stop using the browser extension (actually I've already uninstalled it just to be safe) and more importantly, what is 1Password doing about this?

This is very disturbing news especially when you use every aspect of 1Password (like me) to store your entire life within it!

Comments

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have just viewed a video on YouTube with some very worrying information. Can someone at 1Password please tell me if this is a genuine concern and if so should I stop using the browser extension (actually I've already uninstalled it just to be safe) and more importantly, what is 1Password doing about this?

This is very disturbing news especially when you use every aspect of 1Password (like me) to store your entire life within it!

I originally posted this under the wrong category, I tried to move it but was unable sorry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @TOWS! 👋

My colleague Grey posted their thoughts about the situation here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/684843/#Comment_684843

If you have any questions after giving that a read then please post in the other thread. To prevent having the same conversation in two different places at once I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.