Different Family Members Logging into the App

Options
mogidian
mogidian
Community Member

Hi,
Is it possible to have family members (who have their own accounts under the family plan) login to the same app? This article indicates that it is possible but when I attempt to add a different family user to the App, it tells me I have to logout before I can add them, https://support.1password.com/add-account/#add-another-account-to-the-1password-apps .

Is this possible on a shared family PC? I know it was not possible in 2020 (afte reading the forums) but it seems like it is possible now and I am hopefully just doing it incorrectly.

Anyway.. I was really hoping to use the Family plan for a family PC... Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ App & Chrome Extension

Comments

• mogidian
    mogidian
    Community Member
    Options

Well, following up on my question.. After reading other posts, it sounds like this is not possible with Family plan (1Password still needs to be tied to different Windows logons in order to allow different family members on family plan to login to the same App).

With that out of the way, the article posted above does indicate that it is possible if there are two different individual accounts (and both of those accounts can be tied to the same 1password standalone app.

When this is setup, and the user types a password for one of the those accounts, does it make all the data in both accounts available? If I were to login with the password for one of the two individual accounts, will I see the data in the other account's private vault?

Thanks again.

• Hi @mogidian,

You're correct that the first portion of your question is not possible, you're unable to access multiple accounts from the same family account within the same 1Password app and the best solution, if you're using a shared device, would be to create separate user profiles on this device wherein you would then be able to login with your respective accounts.

In regard to the second question, as long as the account passwords for each account added are different, then only the account belonging to the corresponding account password would be unlocked - if the account passwords are the same, each account sharing the same account password that is added to the app on the device would be unlocked when inputting the corresponding account password.

This discussion has been closed.