transfer to a new iphone

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

I find this really wired. The iPhone allows to transfer data to a new iPhone. This is good. But the issue is in 1password that it keeps the same name. It does not take the new name of the phone. Go to the options to see which devices one is logged in into the account and you'll see all possible old devices. I would like that after transfer 1password should take the new name of the device. How can this be achieved?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transfer to a new iphone

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @vishalsheth! 👋

I'm sorry that the new iPhone's name wasn't registered. Can you try the following:

1. Make sure that you download and save your Emergency Kit.
    2. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    3. Click on your name and then click on My Profile.
    4. Click on the gear wheel next to the incorrect device name and then click Deauthorize Device.

1Password will ask you for your account password and Secret Key the next time that you open the app. Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P ,

I already did the above process. I was logged out of my new device. When I logged back it showed my old phone name.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@vishalsheth

I'm sorry to hear that the steps didn't work. Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can take a look and advise further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P ,

[#EGG-27445-546] I've shared it. I fail to understand on how would this be tackled by you as I believe this happens when one transfers to a new iPhone through Apple transfer.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@vishalsheth

Thank you. One of my colleagues will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: EGG-27445-546

This discussion has been closed.