How to make 1Password stay on the website I want to log on to during a two-step login?

Options

Lenovo Ideapad i7-8550U CPU @ 1.8 GHz
Device name Ideapad 330S
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch, No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows 11 Home version 22H2 OS build 22621.1555
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎10/‎2022
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

Version of Firefox 112.0.2;

1Password extension: 2.10.0, updated April 27, 2023

An example will illustrate:

I have a subscription to a magazine, the Atlantic. I have a log in for that.
You sign in at https://accounts.theatlantic.com
Selecting Open and Fill from the browser extension takes me to that site, but 1Password does not enter my username=email address until I click in that box, at which point 1Password suggests the correct username. I select it. With this magazine, I then have to continue on to another page, where is requests the password. Again, 1Password does not fill in the password automatically. I must click in the box, and then it suggests the correct password.

On other sites such as Amazon.ca, 1Password automatically fills in the username and password.

Is this just due to the design of the Atlantic site?

A variation on this theme:

Sign on site for my Apple ID is https://appleid.apple.com/sign-in. The site requests my Apple ID. Again, 1Password does not fill it in automatically. When I click on the box, it shows the 1Password icon. Clicking that shows usernames for my Apple ID (for Canada), my Apple ID for the USA and my iTunes. These are all Apple affiliated, of course, but each username is different. Is there a way to control whether 1Password offers more than one option? Perhaps this to account for misspellings and faulty memory?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:during a website login 1password loses track of the URL of that website

Comments

• Hey @NEOTREE,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have done some testing on the two sites you have sent across. As for The Atlantic, I am seeing the same behaviour as you in regards to the second click that is required to fill the fields. I have passed it on to our development team so they can take a look to see if there is anything we can do to get this to fill automatically as we see on other websites.

For your Apple ID, if the website URL for which you log into each of these accounts is different you have the ability to amend the items so they only appear on the specific website URL that you choose. Here is some more information on how this works: Change where a login is suggested and filled.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

ref: dev/core/core#21782

• NEOTREE
    NEOTREE
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph:

Thanks very much for your reply. It is appreciated, and I look forward to help with the Atlantic log in.

I am happy to learn that it's possible to control the URLs that appear on Apple ID. However, you'll see in the attached view of the Apple ID login under edit that I don't see the "three dots" icon beside the website. Not in my Atlantic or Amazon Canada log in either.

BTW, I see beneath your typing a comment that several items are shown as "Not provided" in my posting. They were indeed in the original posting. Just in case that they could be useful, here they are again:

Windows 11 Home version 22H2 OS build 22621.1555
    Edition Windows 11 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎10/‎2022
    OS build 22621.1555
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

Version of Firefox 112.0.2;

1Password extension: 2.10.0, updated April 27, 2023

• Hey @NEOTREE,

Thank you for getting back to me, you are most welcome.

In your screenshot are you editing the item on 1Password.com? The additional autofill settings are located within your 1Password 8 desktop app when you try to Edit an item.

Let me know how you get on!

• NEOTREE
    NEOTREE
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph:

Thanks. Yes, I was editing on 1Password.com! Using the desktop app, I see the icon.

Regards,

Dave

• ag_tommy
    Options

On behalf of Steph, you're welcome. Let us know if you have any questions. We'd be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.