How do I only enable passwords to be autofill in on a specific webpage for employees?

Options
brokenpaws
brokenpaws
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Business and Teams

I originally subscribed to 1password in order to allow my employees to log into my instagram account through the instagram login page. However, I do not want them to be able to autofill in the login information on any other page on instagram, specifically the account management page, which they are able to do, and change the instagram password with the auto-fill-in. Does 1password offer a solution to this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• brokenpaws
    brokenpaws
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone?

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @brokenpaws,

There is a relatively new feature called autofill behaviors that may help with your use case for wanting to restrict the ability to autofill to a specific login page on Instagram (using Only fill on this exact domain):

Change where a login is suggested and filled

You can set up additional website fields for your Login items and control which top level domains and subdomains you want 1Password to (or don't) offer suggestions. You can also configure 1Password to not fill on specific subdomains as well. It's worth noting this feature is still in beta, so you may run into some issues. Let us know if that happens and we can pass this along to our to team and make improvements down the road.

• brokenpaws
    brokenpaws
    Community Member
    Options

That only changes the settings on my device. I checked and confirmed, employees can still autofill. All that does it is prevent my comptuer from autofilling since what you are suggesting changes my own personal 1password settings, not everyone underneath me. Can I please get some help on this, I can't wait several more days for this to be resolved, i'll have to cnacel my subscription.

• ag_max
    Options

@brokenpaws,

Autofill behaviors are enforced for everyone with access to that shared vault. This means if you change the autofill behavior for a Login item within a specific shared vault, all team members and guests with access to that vault won't have to individually change the behavior for each website field in a Login item. If they have their own Instagram Login item within their Private vault, however, they will need to change this on their own, as only they would have access to that vault.

If your team is seeing those autofill behaviors or if 1Password is still filling on all sites on that domain, please send us an email at businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.