"Sign in with" annoyances - feedback for improvement

Options
marceldarvas
marceldarvas
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

As much as I find this new feature useful, I wanted to submit some feedback about what has bothered me so far:

1. When logged in on a particular website, where I have to 'link' an account, for example, linking up your Google Drive, within whichever tool you're using, it is bothersome to get a pop-up that interrupts the workflow. I'd prefer only to get that if I had accessed 1Password looking for a credential.
  2. Ability to limit which vault is used for "Sign in with" options. With several Google accounts saved, I would like to limit the options I would use for Signing in to a website.
  3. Authenticate with Google | Sign in with Google: With the new feature provided on some websites, like eBay, Reddit etc. there seems to be an overlap between native Google functionality and the 1Password options. There should be some kind of rules set for automatically hiding one of those pop-ups
  4. "Sign in with" Items. After the overwhelm experienced in #2, I went into my 1P to hopefully clear some old Google accounts, only to find, that when I search for "Google" all of my new "Sign in with Google" items are cluttering the item list. What is the purpose of this? I don't understand why they are made to display "Sites that I used Google to sign in with"

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Chrome/Arc

Comments

• skeo
    skeo
    Community Member
    Options

Some more feedback. Specifically with regard to this feature not really working at all.
    Not sure if this is just this website not working, or specifically the safari extension, but it's quite annoying nonetheless.

• Open the raindrop.io login page
    • Hit the autofill shortcut, literally nothing happens
    • Click in one of the login fields to activate the 1password menu. It says there are no items for this website.
    • Finally hit the other shortcut to pop-up the search window, and it recognises the website and tells me it signs in with apple.

Why?! I really should have been able to find the info I needed much higher up this list of actions. Especially considering it actively told me there was no login information at the earlier steps. Feels more like a bug than anything else

This discussion has been closed.