1password is not populating with the safari browser

Options
sorazem
sorazem
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm running 1Pswd ver 8 on 2019 iMac and a MacBook Pro 2021 both with Ventura 13.3.1. Launching a website from the 1Pswd app hardly ever works any longer. (In years past this was much less of a problem.) It is getting so bad now that I'm considering leaving 1Pswd entirely.

In the past once I launched 1Pswd and clicked Open & Fill, a safari browser window would open up, the website would launch, and normally the user name and password would populate. At this time none of those things happen. I launch the App on the desktop, and then I'm forced to toggle back and forth to copy and paste the user name and the password. This is cumbersome and frustrating.

I have engaged in endless email strings with 1Pswd support, often being handed to multiple support personal within one ticket, and never been able to make a serious dent in the number challenges I'm experiencing.

I notice there seem to be many others experiencing similar challenges with Safari. What happened here? And is there any fix, or should Apple users move back to Key Chain? Anyone have a 1Pswd support resource that I can pay to help sort this out?

Thank you for any and all suggestions. Scott

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @sorazem! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues with 1Password in Safari. Since you're already troubleshooting the issue with our support team I recommend that you continue the discussion in the support ticket that you have open. One of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as possible. In order to prevent the same conversation from occurring both here and in the support ticket I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: TYZ-77311-722

This discussion has been closed.