To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgraded from standalone 1Password 7 to Cloud 1Password 8 - Nothing but problems

Options
mittster
mittster
Community Member

Finally upgraded to 1Password8 as the browser extension for 7 is not going to work anymore. I am using Firefox on Windows 10.

Here are the issues I am facing:

1. On some sites new password generator doesn't fill the new password. Just hangs.

2. When password is changed the extension doesn't update the password automatically.

3. Updated password manually in desktop app but that doesn't sync with the browser plugin.

4. To fix aboe issues, removed and readded extension then rebooted the PC and now the extension is stuck on "Synching" and doesn't open!

Help please. I am very close to moving to some other Password Manager.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.5 (81005021)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• mittster
    mittster
    Community Member
    Options

All of the above problems were due to 2FA. Disabled 2FA and everything is working fine.

1Password Support: Is this a known bug??

• Hi @mittster,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.