Recover your account from family plan

Options
project2501
project2501
Community Member

Family plan is a great option and especially neat free bonus for employees under business account 🙌. My question arises as persons we should always have healthy scepticisms towards other people even if they are family members. In business setting the hierarchical ownership model is a must, but in personal affairs everyone should always retain their independence even if someone else is footing the bill. What if the relationship turns sour and family account owner decides to close the other persons account? Can they recover their digital life somehow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Currently not. If a family organizer deletes a family member account, that account is gone immediately and gone for good. That member isn't able to login any more - he gets the message that his account isn't existing. That member might be able to export his cached data from the desktop client in this state, however that's not an established procedure.

This has been raised as issue in the forum for quite some time, however until now there hasn't any change surfaced until now.
    The consequence of this is you can only be a member of a family account, if you trust all your family organizers to not do this, ever, under no circumstances.

• Hi @project2501,

@Tertius3 is correct, if the family member account is deleted, there would be no way to recover the account.

Because of the power granted to family organizers, I strongly recommend that you only join a family account with/grant the role of family organizer to very close family members that you trust. If a customer's family situation is such that they are not certain their data will be safe with these permissions in the hands of the family organizers, I would suggest they instead create an individual account where they have full control of their own data.

This discussion has been closed.