Can't change my account's email address

Options
kp2u
kp2u
Community Member

Since 1Password hooked up with FastMail's masked email feature, I've been migrating my Burner Mail addresses to FastMail.

However, I find that I can't change the email address that's set up for my 1Password profile.

I enter the FastMail address and click the "Change email address" button. I get a confirmation code email at my FastMail address but back in my 1Password profile, when I enter the confirmation code and enter my password, I get the error "Failed to change email address". The error detail says "Missing current derivation info".

I've tried entering my Secret as the password and I've tried my Master Password, but I get the same error message.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kp2u,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• kp2u
    kp2u
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I contacted 1Password support and the issue was resolved. In reality, neither of us did anything...it wasn't working and after 4 more tries it started working again.

• @kp2u,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to change the email, it sounds like there may have been some server or network issues occurring.

This discussion has been closed.