To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is Item History now unlimited?

Options
xox
xox
Community Member

Last I checked, item history was limited to 365 days for lower tiers and only unlimited on higher tiers. Is it now unlimited for all memberships? (specifically: Individual/Families/Teams/Business)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @xox,

Currently, item history for all accounts lasts 365 days.
    Are you able to provide information on where you you had seen information regarding unlimited retention?

• xox
    xox
    Community Member
    Options

I had reached out to support in 2021 and a rep mentioned that, at that time, Item History was 365 days for Individual and Family accounts, and unlimited for Business accounts. (That made sense since many businesses have to retain records for multiple years for legal reasons.)

But now, looking at my records via my.1password.com (not a Business account), I can view item history as far back as the record goes (for me, early 2021). I also couldn't find the 365-day number published anywhere so I figured it may have been quietly removed and/or never put into effect? (Which is fine by me -- I'd prefer unlimited!)

• @xox,

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• xox
    xox
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'd rather avoid going through email. I wanted to post the question here so that others could search and find the answer since my own searching didn't come up with a clear answer.

• LieutenantLefse
    LieutenantLefse
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to know the official policy as well. The support page doesn't mention any expiration date.

• xox
    xox
    Community Member
    Options

Ok it seems that, at least as of Jan 2023, the policy is that it is 1 year but that 1Password is not actually deleting old Item History yet. They are discussing this internally and so they may start purging old history in the future but as of now it's effectively unlimited.

Thread: https://1password.community/discussion/136694/think-i-got-burned-why-does-item-history-only-go-back-1-year

Comment: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/671380/#Comment_671380

This discussion has been closed.