1P behaviors have changed since upgrade and appear inconsistent.

Options
ptcinsf
ptcinsf
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Been a customer since v1. V8 has changed the operations of 1P to the point where it is barely usable. with safari opening the app from the browser toolbar does not open all 3 of my accounts. further I cannot find away to open the other accounts and I believe it is inconsistent with what account it opens. It also does not use my fingerprint to authenticate regularly. 1P with chrome opens all accounts but never uses fingerprint, always asks for password. I don't understand 1P for safari app - what is its purpose, when should I use it, etc. Opening the 1P application, opens all accounts. I have adjusted settings for length of time between requiring passwords. This is messed up and I don't really have time to mess with it. How to I get 1P to work like it used to or go back to v7?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 3.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:troubles since upgrading to 1P v8 on my Mac.

Comments

• ptcinsf
    ptcinsf
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen the downgrade post but it is unclear if downgrading will preserve my data as I have added new entries since moving to v8. I cannot lose any data. What is the best path forward?

• ptcinsf
    ptcinsf
    Community Member
    Options

any love here please?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ptcinsf! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into multiple issues with 1Password on your Mac, we're here to help until everything is working as it should be. I see that you've opened a support ticket via email as well and I recommend that we continue the conversation there. One of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: SGP-11386-342

This discussion has been closed.