Arc Browser doesn't highlight the password input

Options

Whether I use the keyboard shortcut (CMD + SHIFT + X) or click on the 1Password Extension Icon, the master password input doesn't open highlighted, so I can't straightaway type my password. I need to click with the mouse on the password input to be able to type it. I know, this is a small detail, but it plays a huge factor in UX for me, it also saves me time as I have to unlock the 1Password a dozen times per day.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Arc

Comments

• Hey @henriquetatagiba,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you're right in that clicking the 1Password icon in Arc does not focus the password field. I have been able to replicate the behaviour and have filed an issue with our development team to take a look.

In the meantime, do you have the 1Password desktop app installed? With this installed you gain some extra auto lock options as well as the ability to unlock 1Password in your browser using Touch ID which may be useful to avoid the behaviour you are currently seeing.

Let me know if you have any questions!

ref: dev/core/core#20520

• kincaidoneil
    kincaidoneil
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @steph.giles,

I'm also experiencing this issue with the extension not focusing in Arc, and I have the 1Password Mac app installed.

Also, when I set a custom "activate the extension" keyboard shortcut for the 1Password extension, it still only responds to the default shortcut, Cmd+Shift+X (not sure if this part is an Arc issue or a 1Password issue).

Thanks,
    Kincaid

• Hey @kincaidoneil,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I have added you as an affected user to the focus issue.

I'm just trying to test out the shortcut issue you are having, can you let me know what you are trying to change the shortcut to so I can follow exact steps?

Thanks!

• kincaidoneil
    kincaidoneil
    Community Member
    Options

Ah my bad! I just was able to get the shortcut to work :)

• Thanks for the update @kincaidoneil, let us know if we can further assist!

• kincaidoneil
    kincaidoneil
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I'm still experiencing this focus issue in Arc. Is there a timeline for when this will be fixed?

Thanks,
    Kincaid

• Hey @kincaidoneil,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm afraid I can't currently give an accurate timeframe as to when this will be resolved, thank you for your patience and let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.