1P for Edge on Windows not unlocking

Options

Hi,

my 1Password Browser Extension on Edge on Windows does not automatically unlock when I unlock the app. I have already tried to uninstall everything and reinstall the app and the Browser Extension, but I must manually unlock the Browser Extension every time I open Edge.

The options for Integrate with Browser Extension/App have already been enabled.

App has Version: 8.10.0
Extension has Version: 2.7.0

Has anyone an Idea how I can fix this?

Regards
Stefan

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @hayduk,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the 1Password extension is having some issues communicating with the 1Password app, so I'd like to ask if you can email us some diagnostics so we can take a closer look and help you there:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138475/1p-for-edge-on-windows-not-unlocking
    • Your forum username: hayduk
    • Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• hayduk
    hayduk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Ticket Number is: 116146

Regards
    Stefan

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hayduk thanks for letting us know! We will reply as soon as we can.

• hayduk
    hayduk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    we've already found the issue together with 1Password Support. The reason the Extension was not automatically unlocking was that native messaging was disabled with GPOs. Native Messaging is required for the communication between the browser extension and the native client.

The setting is included in the Microsoft Security Baseline for Microsoft Edge. We have now configured the required settings by GPO:

Now it works without any problem!
    Regards
    Stefan

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hayduk thank you so much for sharing! We are glad to hear that things are now working.

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have the same problem: The extension doesn't unlock with the app. Could you pleas explain step-by-step how to fix this problem. I don't understand how that works: "now configured the required settings by GPO".

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Did you see my comment/question above?

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

Does this mean that it doesn't work properly currently?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Hoelder

I'm sorry that 1Password in the browser isn't unlocking at the same time as the desktop app. The solution that the other user posted may not apply in your case and we'll need to investigate further to discover what the issue might be on your device. Can you tell me the following:

1. If you restart the device does the issue still occur?
    2. Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac? What browser are you using?
    3. Are you using 1Password 8 or an earlier version of the app?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

1: Yes.
    2: Windows 10 & Edge
    3: 1Password 8

Thx in advance!
    Daniel

• Hey @Hoelder,

Thank you for these details. I think it would be helpful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles

Thanks for caring about my request. The Support ID is [#REX-45997-162]

Best,
    Daniel

• Hey @Hoelder,

Thank you for this, I see my colleague has been in touch over email let's continue the conversation there.

ref: REX-45997-162

• Hoelder
    Hoelder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, yes, I’m in contact via email with one of your colleagues. Thank you.

• You're welcome, let us know if here is anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.