Is there a way to find all entries that have OTP/2FA configured/stored in 1password?

odysseus
odysseus
Community Member

I'd like to be able to find all the entries in 1P that have OTP or 2FA configured. Is there a way to do this using "Advanced Search" or other means?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @odysseus! πŸ‘‹

At the moment, there isn't a way to search for items that have 2FA enabled in 1Password 8. We do have an open feature request to add this sort of feature and I've added your feedback there.

What I personally do is manually tag all of my items that are using 2FA with a "2FA" tag, this then allows me to quickly find those items in the future. More information about tags can be found here: Organize with favorites and tags

Thank you for the idea and let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

ref: IDEA-I-278

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Yes, I've seen that this has been requested since … 2019 (sigh). I started tagging my items but I guess I stopped at some point.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

Frustrating because this used to be possible but the switch to 1Password 8 removed this feature.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@Dave_1P @hansenc @odysseus

I just searched for "one-time password" in the search field at the top of the desktop client, "one-time password" being the default label for the TOTP codes stored with an item, and it found all items in my account with a TOTP configured. Perhaps the same will work for you?

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

So oddly enough some of mine are just the code and missing the label. That’s what made me try to figure out how to search them so I could clean them up.

• Thanks for flagging this, @hansenc. I would have expected that, as @MerryBit mentioned, the search "one-time password" would catch every item that includes such a field.

Do you notice any common factors among items that are missing the label? Date created, perhaps? We'll be happy to look into this further, and this might help narrow the field of search (so to speak).

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P I don't think it happens anymore. My guess is it was a bug in the iOS or macOS Betas since I've been on them for what it seems like forever. I just tested and creating new and editing old logins doesn't seem to duplicate the blank label issue anymore.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

and to answer your other question, I've already cleaned them up and not too sure what records it was at this point.

• Ah, very interesting - thank you @hansenc! If the issue re-emerges at any point, we'll be ready to dig deeper. Thanks for letting us know the state of things (and happy 2023 to you!).

• mks0815
    mks0815
    Community Member

Problem is that it depends on language setting and time/1pw-version(?) when it was created. Up to now I found "one-time password", "einmalpasswort", "Einmalpasswort" and "Einmal-Passwort" (latter 3 are german). Not sure if I missed anything. And this "not sure" is the problem....

• @mks0815

Searching for those terms is the best option for the moment. That being said, I've forwarded your feedback to our product team so that they can look into adding the ability to find items with a one-time password more easily in the future.

For now, as you find items with one-time passwords, I recommend that you add a 2FA tag to those items so that you can find them more easily in the future: Organize with favorites and tags

-Dave

ref: PB-33063750

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Dave_1P
    Maybe this could be a good solution for a new feature? πŸ˜‰
    https://1password.community/discussion/127080/req-category-for-entries-with-2fa-codes-only

This discussion is closed already. But it would be great to have such a special category / view in the 1Password apps. πŸ‘

• @DenalB

I personally think that's a good idea, thank you for the suggestion! While I can't promise anything, the request is filed with our product team who will consider it for the future. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-33110531

This discussion has been closed.