Migration to 1P8 from 1P7 attachments show: "This item has an unsupported field"

Options
DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member

Just migrating from 1P7 to 1P8. Looking at the entries and it says This item has an unsupported field for the attachments.
I have hundreds of attachments - how can I ensure these attachments move properly??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DeeEye! 👋

Are you looking at the items on 1Password.com in your browser? The website version of 1Password is more limited and it currently doesn't support the viewing of attachments which is why you're seeing the error message that you mentioned.

Can you tell me if you can see your attachments when using the 1Password 8 app itself? You can download the 1Password 8 app here: 1Password 8

-Dave

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

thanks @Dave_1P yes I am looking at 1P in browser.
    I am still migrating so I have not yet opened 1P8 on my Mac. It says "Moving your data..this could take longer if you have a lot of file attachments"
    how long should this take? my total vault size is only 136mb
    I already see all my items in 1password.com browser version, just not the attachments

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1P7 and 1P8 on my mac open - says "waiting for data to be moved. don't quit this app"

when I open 1P8 on my iphone, i can see the attachments but it says "file missing"

back to my question: how long does it take to migrate 136mb of data? been 1h so far, seems abnormal and concerning

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

btw, this is quite an opaque process - no progress meter or any transparency how much migration activity remains. not one attachment is available in 1P8 on my iPhone after 1h 15m.

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I see - still going, but not 1 attachment so far is accessible on 1P8 on iPhone

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

I let the migration run over night. Not one attachment moved across. Please help!

• @DeeEye

Something is not right here. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. DeeEye
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/139813/migration-to-1p8-from-1p7-attachments-show-this-item-has-an-unsupported-field#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@harczuk

Can you clarify a little further which specific issue you're personally running into? I would be happy to help get everything working for you again. 🙂

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

@harczuk

Thank you for the feedback and kind words, the team is always working hard to make 1Password even more useful and reliable.

If you do decide to upgrade in the future and run into issues then let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.