How to see a log of activities in a Shared Vault

Options
JEGESAM
JEGESAM
Community Member

I noticed that a bunch of items were deleted from my team's shared vault. How can I see a log of who deleted an item in a shared vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I noticed that a bunch of items were deleted from my team's shared vault. How can I see a log of who deleted an item in a shared vault?

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @JEGESAM,

If you're using 1Password Business, the Activity Log will provide general information about actions taken, though it will not display the actual item that was edited or deleted within a vault. Additionally, you can make use of filters to narrow the scope of entries shown:

1. Sign in to your 1Password account in your web browser: https://start.1password.com/signin
    2. Click the Activity Log in the sidebar.
    3. Under Filter by Type, select Vault Items.

From here, you'll see a list of entries containing vault item handling (edits, deletions). This may help you narrow down who may have deleted any items, provided you know the exact vault where the items were located.

• If a user deleted an item from the Accounting vault, for example, you'll see: "Name updated items in the Accounting Vault".
    • If a user destroyed an item from a vault's Recently Deleted section, you'll see: "Name permanently destroyed 1 item in the Accounting Vault".
    • If a user moved an item to another vault, you'll see the "updated items in the Account vault" entry, and then another entry directly below the first displaying "updated items in the [destination vault].

Looking at shared vault's Details page on 1Password.com can also help determine who had the permissions necessary to delete items, to help narrow down who may have been responsible.

If you're still not able to determine who deleted the items, or if you run into any obstacles along the way, please send us an email to businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there, as the team may be able to help investigate further.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• JEGESAM
    JEGESAM
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hey @ag_max
    Thank you for your response. I don't see Activity log on the side bar that I can see. I am wondering if I am checking the right place but I don't see a sidebar with Activity log option. This is all I see on what I think is the side bar. Could you point me in the right direction. Thank you.

• JEGESAM
    JEGESAM
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thanks

• ScottS1P
    Options

Hello @JEGESAM,

The activity log feature in 1Password is only available to teams using 1Password business, and typically requires you to be in the account owner or administrator group in order to see it.

If you'd like us to review any 1Password account you may have, and any permissions you may have in it, send an email to BusinessSupport@1Password.com and mention this community post. We'd be glad to assist you further, but don't want to discuss any account specific information on this community site where everything is publicly viewable.

Thank you,

Scott Swezey
    Customer Support @ 1Password

Server status | Support hub | Release notes | Passkeys
    Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business.

This discussion has been closed.