When I replace a photo file attachment in a "Document" item, 1Password renames the entire item.

Options
ntabbott
ntabbott
Community Member

I created two Document items that I had maintained in LastPass. The attachments were stripped out when I converted to 1Password. The new items were called "BAA COVID 19 Vaccination Card Side A", "BAA COVID 19 Vaccination Card Side B", "NTA COVID 19 Vaccination Card Side A", and "NTA COVID 19 Vaccination Card Side B". Each item had a photo attachment that showed each side of our COVID 19 Vaccination Cards. As happens when we recieve a booster, each of our "B" sides were updated. I opened the "B" side document items, and clicked on "Edit". Then I clicked on "Replace File" to replace the attachment. I then used the camera to take a new photo of the Vaccination card, and the 1Password app replaced it. When I went to search for the updated cards, I could not find them until I looked for "New Photo", and there they were with a 1Password generated file name that started with "New Photo" and finished with a random string of alphanumeric characters, (to the best of my recollection). You should be able to reproduce this issue.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1 (a)
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:When I replace a photo file attachment in a "Document" item, 1Password renames the entire item.

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @ntabbott! 👋

Thank you for the detailed report! I can indeed reproduce this and confirm that our developers are aware of this behaviour. We have an internal work item open to investigate further, I've added your report there.

For the time being, have you considered using a Medical Record item for your vaccine information: Secure and access private medical records with 1Password

You can add information about your vaccinations directly to the Medical Record item and then attach the scans of your vaccine card as file attachments. To attach a file to a Medical Record item in 1Password, select the item and click Edit. Click Add More and choose Attach a File. Select a file, then click Save.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15079

This discussion has been closed.