1Password 8 isn't working

Options

Hello. When I try to log in to an online account, or to create a new login, nothing pops up from 1Password.

Background: I upgraded to 1P 8 from 1P 7 for Mac. I followed @toddnach and Alvin.L_1P's advice in a now closed thread to go to Finder/Utilities and Force Quit, drag 1P 7to the Trash, but I still can't drag 1P 7 out of the Applications folder.

The 1P 8 Welcome tutorial is stuck on showing me how to create a user name and password for a new login. It won't advance beyond that, so I can't sign in and I can't access my passwords unless I open 1P 7 again from the Applications folder.

Also to find out what version my extension is (requested below), I got to this page: https://support.1password.com/update-1password-browser/. However when I scroll down to directions for Safari, it says go to Safari Settings and also Apple Settings. I see Safari Preferences, and Apple System Preferences, but no Settings, and the instructions don't jive with the choices I see when opening Preferences. At the start of the tutorial, I can see my installed extensions (only 2), but 1Password has no version number on the right or anywhere else.

And yes, I have restarted both 1P 8 and the computer.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

1Password Version: 2.10.0 20246
Extension Version: 2.10.0?
OS Version: macOS 11.7.2
Browser:_ Safari 16.2
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded to 1P 8 for Mac. I followed @toddnach and Alvin.L_1P's advice in a now closed thread to Force Quit 1P 7, but I still can't drag it out of the Applications folder. Also, the 1P 8 Welcome tutorial is stuck on showing me how to create a user name and password for a new login. It won't advance beyond that, so sign in and I can't access my passwords unless I open 1P 7 again.

Comments

• Hi @Molly,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you are having with 1Password 8.

I think it would be useful if we could get to the bottom of your set up and uninstall 1Password 7 and then we can focus on getting things working as they should be in your browser.

Could you send an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread where our Mac team will be able to best assist.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.