OTP generating in 1Passwod

Options
Cavite
Cavite
Community Member

I have successfully added three gmail accounts to 1Password. Looking at the accounts the otp generation is there I can see the number changing. However google never asks for otp so I have nowhere to input them. And this there is no autofill. Google only asks for email and password. Please can you offer advice. Regards Steve

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @Cavite

Usually, most apps or websites will only ask you for a one-time password when you sign in on a new device (or browser) for the first time. After that, they'll generally only ask you for your password, although there are some exceptions to this. As someone who's used Gmail for almost as long as it's been around, I know that in my experience, I've only ever had to use two-factor authentication (such as a one-time password) when signing in on a new device, or a new browser, or if I'm browsing incognito. Otherwise, my password is enough to let me in, since the device or browser is now trusted.

Hope that helps. :)

— Grey

• Cavite
    Cavite
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Grey, that is good news. I was not sure if it was working correctly but it seems it is. Thanks for your help.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Cavite – You're welcome. Let us know if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.