Can I delete or archive an item from a vault shared with me without it effecting the user who shared

Options
fdm225
fdm225
Community Member

My wife and I share login information via a shared vault and now I have a bunch of duplicate logins as well as things I don't want showing up when I login to websites; is there a way for me to delete (or archive) an individual record (in a vault) that has been shared with me without effecting her ability to use it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

If you don't want to see an item any more that's been shared with you by your wife, ask your wife to move that item into her personal vault. This way it's still available for her but not for you any more.

And try to not duplicate items. If you need to update a shared item, make sure to actually update the shared item but not create a new item in a different vault.

If you identified a duplicate item, see where they are located. Probably one in your shared vault and one in your personal vault. If the item should still be shared, delete the copy in your personal vault - the other version in the shared vault will remain. However, make sure the shared one has the most current data before your delete the personal one.

• fdm225
    fdm225
    Community Member
    Options

what a pain and frankly a poorly designed system. My wife and I want to have emergency access to each other's logins so we share everything between each other. Last pass allows for this as well as the ability to hide shared items. too bad as I thought that 1password having a family setup would actually make it usable.

• Hi @fdm225,

While you're not able to hide individual items, you are able to customize what vaults you see within the app as well as within the 1Password in your browser - if all the data you need is currently within your private vault and you're only sharing data with your wife that one of you may need in an emergency or a one off scenario, you can create a collection.

You can use collections to create a custom group of vaults from any of your accounts. When you switch to a collection in the app or Quick Access, you’ll only see items from vaults in the collection.

Additionally, within the extension, you can navigate to Settings>"Accounts & Vaults"> Choose the vaults that you do or do not want to see when using the 1Password Extension within your browser.

This discussion has been closed.