1Password 8 filling of native OSX app URL

Options
sjivan
sjivan
Community Member

Hi,
In 1Password 7, the mini app was able to register the app URL for a native app.

https://1password.community/discussion/121967/finding-app-url-for-mac

This stopped working / is not supported in 1Password 8. Are they workarounds for this? Any ETA on support for this very useful feature?

Thanks,
Sanjiv

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• sjivan
    sjivan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm looking to autofill the username and password to this login screen in the Amazon Workspaces app. I set the URL to app://com.amazon.workspaces however the quick complete 1Password shortcut doesn't take me to the Workspaces app entry of 1Password.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @sjivan! 👋

You can fill into apps on your Mac by using 1Password 8's new Universal Autofill feature. You can learn how to enable and use the feature here: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

Universal Autofill will help you associate a Login item in 1Password to a specific app the first time that you try to fill into that app. Let me know if the steps in that article don't work.

-Dave

• sjivan
    sjivan
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P How do I capture a login for a native mac app in 1 Password 8? In 1Password 7 this was possible using 1Password mini.

Also is there away to disable autosubmit? For example the login screen in my previous post gets auto submitted like the "Sign In" button was clicked. I don't want this behavior.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@sjivan

I apologize for the trouble there is an open issue for filling on Amazon Workspaces. This will need some help from the developer side of things. I will be adding your report to our tracker momentarily. In the interim you might be able to use something like drag and drop from 1Password 8 to fill your credentials. To turn off autosubmit please open 1Password > Settings > General and near the bottom you should see the option. Remove the checkmark.

Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

ref: dev/core/core#18751

• sjivan
    sjivan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thanks for adding the report to tracker. I would like to disable universal app autosubmit on a per-login basis rather than globally. Or override the global default per login. Can you add this feature request as well?

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@sjivan

Sure, I would be happy to let the team know you'd like a more granular approach to autosubmit.

ref: PB-33171191

• sjivan
    sjivan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Appreciate the super fast response from the team as always.

• sjivan
    sjivan
    Community Member
    Options

I do still have one question unanswered. How do I capture logins from native apps into 1Password 8. This was possible in 1Password 7 using mini.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@sjivan

Apologies that is my fault. I had intended to address it and after finding the internal issue for Amazon Workspaces I dropped the ball. Whoopsie. In 1Password 8 it is not possible to directly capture details like the app id and add those to a login. If you encounter any apps that do not work for you please let us know. If we do not have an open issue we'll be happy to open one. The internal listing of apps is always being curated.

When you use Universal Autofill and attempt to fill an application you'll see a request to update the login and then a linking appear in the login area letting you know that the details are available for filling.

This discussion has been closed.